Sunday, May 6, 2007

Oddball Card of the Day #1

FIGHT! Nolan Ryan v Robin Ventura


Had a rummage sale this weekend and found this in a drawer of long-forgotten cards. This made me think of the time in either 1992 or '93, a buddy and I were dropped off at County Stadium for a double-header against the Mariners. The friend wasn't much of a baseball fan, so we called my parents to pick us up at some point in the middle of the second game. We walked the hill to wait for our ride on Blue Mound. Once in the car we were stunned to find out that there had been a bench-clearing brawl just after we had left. Disappointing.
I do remember, however, one fight in the '80s, must've been between the Brewers and Twins, that I saw in person. If I remember correctly, it was Gantner who got ejected, but that was a looooooong time ago.
Here's a link to the Ryan/Ventura fight video. It's number 1 on the top 10 list. Copy. Paste. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHyZhvgkPo

No comments: