Wednesday, October 24, 2007

1981 Topps Tournament -- CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL Results (ppd.)

Here in the Midwest I have trouble staying up late for those west coast night games. I don't feel too bad about it, though, since my local newspaper has the same trouble, too. The results of the 1981 Topps Showdown were actually tallied in Phoenix at 7:00 local time. Therefore, I won't be up late enough to dispatch the results to all of you. (This is the same reason that I have not seen the end of a Bucks road game against the Sonics, Kings, Trailblazers, Clippers, or Suns since around 1988.)


Actually, it's my birthday today, and all of the related festivities will prevent me from doing the grand finale its due justice. Thursday and Friday off (Teachers' Convention, WOO HOO!) will help accomplish this task. Thank you for bearing with me.

2 comments:

--David said...

Let me be the first to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your days off!!

dayf said...

I'm late, so Happy Un-Birthday!