Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Greetings from Willie McGee!

Happy Halloween to all of my loyal readers! Personally, I'm just about Halloweened out, with most of the activities that affect my balance, diction, and delicate digestive system already having taken place this past weekend. But that doesn't mean I can't make room for a little bit more celebration.

Passing out candy this past Sunday afternoon (yes, afternoon, because my metropolitan area of the city of Milwaukee becomes unsafe in select areas after dark), got me to thinking, "If I could be any baseball player for Halloween, who would I be? More specifically, if I wanted to scare the crap out of the trick-or-treaters, whose likeness would I try to rcreate?"

Ahh, yes, Willie McGee, possibly the ugliest baseball player of all time. If this guy had answered the door following his batting title seasons of 1985 and 1990, I might have run the othe way, even if he had a basket full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Oh, and I saw this driving down the street not too long ago. I was in a car on the way to a wedding reception when this motorcycle crossed our path. Luckily, he hit a red light and one of my fellow passengers had a camera, which has by now become a ubiquitous device.

Appropriately enough, it's a Harley.

Boo!
Thorzul

3 comments:

--David said...

That's just not right... (skeleton boning a harley guy from behind)

Anonymous said...

Is McCovey off the table?

Jim Thompson said...

Let's Go Oakland!