Thursday, December 13, 2007

Card-vent Calendar, Dec. 12

Drat, a day behind in the calendar again! Time to get opening those little doors, and all I can see is a plush sweatshirt and a head of well-groomed hair. Let's see who it is.
December 12, 2007
1991 Pro Line Portraits #115 Bill Belichick

Awww, all I got is a crummy coach card. Embarassingly enough, I own the complete set of these cards. I think I remember it being VERY CHEAP to buy a box of it, and that's the language I was speaking when all I had in the way of income was some paper route money.
Belichick's sweater is lovely, but this is actually one of the most subdued of the checklist. Three words sum up this set:
Zubaz.
Zubaz.
Zubaz.
(Hopefully I'll get to open a door with one of these behind it later on.)

Even though the only purpose of this set was to sell officially licensed NFL merchandise, you get some good facts on the back. Now I know that there was an eight-year-old breaking down film for Navy. Ummm...I guess that explains all those many, many national championships they had back in the 1960s.