Thursday, December 13, 2007

Card-vent Calendar, Dec. 13

December 13, 2007:
1990 Fleer #635 Super Star Specials Kirby Puckett/Bo Jackson

Alright, it looks like it's time for a break from the silly football cards. Whoever constructed this calendar finally saw fit to put a good card behind one of the doors.
I've probably gotten this card in a pack five or six times in my life, and it's always a treat. In an artistic sense, I think it's the interplay of color between Kirby and Bo's uniforms. The home-and-home combination is one seen only on All-Star weekend, and the experience is only enhanced by the fact that these were two of the most exciting players to watch. In an era of ubiquitous fantasy sports leagues, this is my ultimate fantasy team-up.

Tomorrow's card promises to be the best of the season. Why December 14th? I just don't want to save it for a date closer to Christmas when nobody is online. This will be one for the ages.

1 comment:

Steve said...

As Dr. Schneider would say, I'm as "giddy as a school boy" for tomorrow's card.