Thursday, December 20, 2007

Card-vent Calendar, Dec. 18

December 18, 2007:
1997 Wizard Magazine Iron Man Stand-Up

Tomorrow is the last day of school before we have to return again on January 3, so I have chose an Iron Man Stand-Up card, highly evocative of the 1964 Topps Stand Up set. What's the connection, you ask? Well, for those of you uninitiated into the Marvel lore (with which I posses only a passing familiarity; I'm a DC man through anfdthrough), Iron Man is the creation of Tony Stark, alcoholic millionaire. The thought of 12 days off is cause for briefly becoming an imbiber on the scale of a Tony Stark. Since all tomorrow really calls for is a stack of Christmas-themed coloring pages as high as an intermediate hurdle, Polar Express in DVD format, and early afternoon Pizza Hut delivery, tonight's schedule includes several rum and Cokes. (Which will make tonight's second post a bold adventure.)

Here's the back side of the Iron Man, which should give you a better idea of how to fold this monstrosity, as well as the card's color scheme (which, chromey as it is, didn't come through very well in the scan).

Anyone reading this is welcome to drink along with me. Post your drink of choice in the comments section.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm not drinking tonight, but if I were, it'd be a vodka and cranberry.

mmosley said...

I provided my 7th graders with crosswords, wordsearches, and puzzles yet they too were content meticulously coloring Santa and his elves.

Just a tall glass of SWEET iced tea for me, But I'll gladly toast to a few days away from the kiddies.

Chris Harris said...

"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. There it goes down. Down into my belly. Yum, yum, yum."