Sunday, December 2, 2007

Card-vent Calendar, Dec. 2

December 2, 2007:
1990 Upper Deck Looney Tunes #3 Road Runner

Tonight I found one of these in a box of oddball stuff I have. I'm sure these were pretty easy to come by back in the day, but this is the only one I have. How appropriate that the Road Runner plays for the Yankees (although now he should be wearing a Red Sox cap). He ALWAYS wins.

This set is weird because all cards are numbered on the front and the back, so this is card #3 and #18. As a set intended for kids, isn't this a bit confusing? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, and I hold a Master's degree.

I have nothing more to say, so...Meep-Meep!

1 comment:

Offy said...

The Looney Tunes numbering makes more sense if you put the cards in 9 pocket pages. When you do that, the cards are numbered in order both on the front and in back and if I remember correctly told little stories. I remember when the holograms from these sets were as hot as the Marvel holograms and crossed over into the sports collectors hobby.