Saturday, December 22, 2007

Card-vent Calendar, Dec. 21

December 21. 2007:
1982 K-Mart #44 Pete Rose

I do not know why I have this card. Similarly, I do not know why someone would buy a box (pack) of Sport Kings for more than $300.

This card celebrates Rose's breaking of Stan Musial's National League record of 3,630 hits. This card celebrates steroid use.

I have little left to say, so I'll leave you with a something to ponder. Despite similar inventories, why is Target so fun to shop at, yet K-Mart is so depressing?

2 comments:

--David said...

Because no matter how hard you try, "K-Mart" just doesn't sound good with a French pronounciation... :-)

White Sox Cards said...

Because, unlike other retail stores, I used to work at K-Mart. Granted it was over a decade ago, but that fact always depresses me.