Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mmmmmmmm...Cards #3

1992 Kellogg's Corn Flakes/Sportflics #10 Mike Schmidt

This card makes me happy and sad at the same time. Here's why.

Happy: It's awesome in a way that most cards aren't.

Sad: It makes me realize that I no longer live in a world where I can pour myself a bowl of Cornflakes and have a lenticular baseball card tumble from within the depths of the golden flakes. Of course, this probably wasn't the way it happened. Along with learning the truth about Santa Claus, the other major childhood event that shattered my world involved learning the hard way that most of the time cereal box prizes aren't actually surrounded by edible, organic cereal pieces, but are more likely to be trapped between the inside of the cold, heartless cardboard box and the non-earth-friendly, airtight cereal bag. Motherfuck.

1 comment:

--David said...

Yeah, what's up with the cereal companies putting the goods on the OUTSIDE of the bag!? As a kid, I poured out plenty of corn flakes, fruit loops, you name it, all to get to the bottom of the bag and find my prize. Now, you can just about slit the top open, get the goods and put the dumb box back on the shelf...