Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Additions

One of the new things I'm adding to my blog to start 2008 is a trading/selling forum. Because I'm getting married later this year, spare cash is now going for things like cake, DJs, and couples' retreats, not cards. Actually, I'm planning on approaching my 2008 baseball card collecting with a game plan; namely, foregoing the purchase of packs of 2008 Topps in favor of a factory set late in the year when they start throwing in all kinds of cool stuff.

Over the course of the next few days, weeks, months...I'll be posting material on the sidebar underneath "Trade Stuff" with organized lists of cards I'm looking to trade or sell. And I don't mean sell the way Beckett's website means sell, with outrageous shipping prices that seem to go up with every card you add to your basket. Most cards will go for 10 cents with a reasonable cost to cover shipping. Trades will also be accepted, and my want lists will be posted in this section as well.

As more stuff gets posted, I'll get around to creating a few official buying/trading guidelines, but don't let that stop you from looking. If you see anything you want, send me a message before someone else snaps it up. I mean, c'mon, you want cards to finish your set, I need to make sure there's enough beer for more than 200 people. It's a win/win situation!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Sounds cool man. Look forward to trading with you.