Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Donruss Americana, Bitches!

Alright, my two true loves have combined for the perfect storm. I've teased this product for long enough tonight, so here's my first pack.
68 Dom DeLuise

26 Lou Gossett, Jr.
HL-24 Esther Williams (316/500)

22 Bob Eubanks AUTO/Shirt (118/150)

Not a bad start, I just hope there's a few more genuine "legends" to come. The Eubanks is the pull of the pack, obviously. Aside from him we get a swimmer-turned-actress, an "Iron Eagle," the mom from "7th Heaven," and the big fat guy who planted the dreams of Hollywood into Kermit the Frog's brain.

I'll leave you with this, Bob Eubanks' best moment.

5 comments:

dayf said...

Is that autograph any more readable on the card than on the scan? What's the point of a sticker auto if it's still a black sig on a black background?

Great poll question, btw.

White Sox Cards said...

You can get alcohol now at Pizza The Hutt?

William said...

My only gripe with Americana is that the autos are not readable. Why they didn't use the typical donruss holographic silver background [and went with a clear one] is beyond me.

Thorzul said...

Yeah, the scan makes it look worse, but there were obviously some poor choices made with respect to this part of the design.

Tony Brown said...

You think they'll have Ty Webb from Caddyshack?
If you get Daniel Larusso or Quarrel from Dr. No you better give it to me.