Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mmmmmmmm...Cards #4

Yesterday Lent started. This means that I began my annual rite of giving something up for the next 40 days. This year I decided that I will forego chips of al types. Doritos, potato chips, pretzels, chips and salsa...all of these are taboo until Easter. I am not a huge fan of sweets, so that wouldn't be too tough, so I'm going for the big one this year. What better time to post some more of my Mmmmmmm...cards subset.

Today's card:
1986 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars Gary Carter #4 (of 33)

Gary did the photographer a favor on this one by posing in profile. The Brillo-esque coiffure is on full red alert. Word around Shea back in the day was that the hair gave Carter a sixth sense about upcoming wild pitches that helped him block the plate.

Man, I wish the Brewers had some of his power at the catcher position. Something tells me newcomer Jason Kendall won't be cutting it.

1 comment:

AlbuqwirkE said...

Did you also give up poker chips?

I wonder if Gary Carter is a descendant of the dude that posed for the Quaker Oats logo (the first registered trademark for a breakfast cereal in 1877, by the way).