Thursday, April 10, 2008

Americana: Antonio Banderas' Mother-in-Law

I've been delving deeper into the 2007 Donruss Americana checklist in recent weeks, and now it's time to share some of my victories.

2007 Donruss Americana #28 Tippi Hedren Personally-Worn Dress (137/250)

Was there ever a collective name given to to the women who starred in Hitchcock films, something akin to "Bond Girl?" Well, that's what this "Hitch Girl" was best known for, her role in The Birds. Receiving this card makes me want to pull the DVD off my shelf and re-watch it. That won't happen, since "The Office" makes its return tonight. She also starred in Marnie, one of the American Hitchcock films that I have yet to see. Gotta get on that.

One might wonder why Hedren isn't exactly a household name today. Her daughter, Melanie Griffith, certainly is, though she possesses barely a quarter of her mother's talent. I guess you have to look at Tippi's contemporaries, blond hottie after blonde hottie who all fought for the same handful of Hollywood roles. But don't be too disappointed, folks, since this card is just a warmup to genuine Hollywood royalty that will be displayed on this blog.

2 comments:

shanediaz82 said...

I love The Birds, great movie and awesome card!

Gellman said...

Ahh, rear window is so much better.

+1 on the Office, though.