Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Americana: "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss? Why do you have that?"

No, it's his pajamas. And for the life of me I can't explain why I have that.

We have the technology...
We have the capability...
To add the element of sleepwear to a trading card.

2007 Donruss Americana #CS-21 Lee Majors Cinema Stars Movie-Worn Pajamas (107/500)

The variety of swatches available in this set is simply amazing. According to the back of this card, these PJ's were worn as a costume in the film The Brothers Solomon. Yeah, it's an SNL Alum film, so that'll make it pretty hit-or-miss. It will be pretty cool to keep an eye out for these jammers whenever I decide to actually see the film (on rental most likely).

Enough about the swatch, let's get to a more pressing issue here: Is or is not Majors' BEARD-SCARF-COLLAR combination just about the dandiest thing ever seen on cardboard?

I hope this makes up for a few days' absence. The Americana is building yet again to a legendary apex. As an aside, I've got all of my 2008 Heritage want and have lists completely updated, if you feel like trading. All of my readers have been awesome traders.

Oh...and Chris Harris, your hockey cards will be in the mail tomorrow. It pays to drop knowledge at Thorzul Will Rule.

No comments: