Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dr. Steve's Doctored Cards #12

Today's post is a shout out to all of my flooded Wisconsin peeps. For the life of me I wish there was some sort of brotherly gesture involving water damage victims that was akin to the "one-for-me-one-for-my-homies" liquor gesture that the movies helped popularize. Perhaps it could involve dehumidifiers?
1991 Fleer #112 Luis Rivera

This card ranks as probably my second favorite of Dr. Steve's. The colors are vibrant, the pose is beyond perfect, and the artistry is subtle, yet moving. Mad props to any cartoon that manages to involve a delta, which this one does. It's impossible to tell if someone squirted Luis playfully with a hose, or if Rivera somehow grew to a gargantuan size and wandered into the path of the Atchafalaya River.

All in all, a great bit of doctoring.

No comments: