Monday, July 7, 2008

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Several thousand years ago, I implored the readers of Thorzul Will Rule and A Pack a Day to put their collective graphic design skills to good use to help me design a banner for this blog. I received a total of two responses, and while I really appreciated the effort, neither of them quite fit the look I was going for. Despite my pickiness, I'd like to share what these two great guys came up with. Without further ado, here's what's been sitting in my inbox for the better part of five months.

First Runner-Up: Steve from White Sox Cards

Steve's entry actually looked a whole lot closer to something I would use, but it lacked the dryly satirical punch I felt was necessary. He did a great job in maintaining the gothic tone of the picture, but the end result was something better suited for A Pack a Day than this site.

First Place: dayf from Cardboard Junkie

Mother effin' suffrage, that is a funny graphic! Who would have ever thought that a pack of 1987 Topps would turn evil? Certainly not me. If I would have suspected any pack, it would have been 1990 Fleer, what with all of the sitting around for decades in basements and warehouses, remaining unopened and bored. But 1987 Topps?!?!
And let's not forget about one of my all-time favorite cards, Ed Lynch. I mean, the guy was my Christmas gift to the world, for crying out loud!
This stroke of genius, however, may have been dayf's fatal flaw, for while this blog has big love for the many-chinned Ed Lynch, it is not about Ed Lynch exclusively.

Big thanks go out to dayf and Steve, and perhaps I'll send them a little something for their efforts. In the meantime, I'm still on the lookout for the perfect blog banner. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Billy Suter said...

How wide do you want the banner to be?