Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trade Me Your Brewers!

Trading has been a little slow lately. Perhaps most people are on vacation or something. At this point in the summer I haven't made up my mind about whether or not I'm going to go hardcore into Allen & Ginter, but I'd like to maintain a sense of card turnover in the meantime. So here's what I am proposing.

Trade me your Brewers. You know you don't want them. They're just taking up space in your boxes. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I've got stacks and stacks of unloved cards myself. They're yours for the trading.

Here's how the trading will work. Get in touch with me here indicating that you want to trade. Find exactly 20 Brewers cards* you want me to have. Specify a team that you want in return. Send me your Brewers cards. When I receive them, I'll send your twenty team cards out to you.

*Not all Brewers cards are created alike. There are rules and guidelines for what you can send me. This is not only a trade, it is a contest as well.
Please send only Brewers cards made in 1984 and earlier OR Brewers cards made in 2000 and later. The 20 cards you send will be subject to a point system, one that is driven partially by luck and partially by skill. The trader that accumulates the most points from the cards sent will win a dual relic card featuring two Hall of Famers.

Scoring system:
-Any Brewer card you send me that I do not already own is worth 1 point.
-A Brewer card I already own is worth 0 points. (This is where luck comes into play. How do you know what I own and what I don't? You don't, but here's a few hints: I've already obtained massive amounts of 2007 Heritage, 2007 Topps, 2008 Heritage, 2008 Topps, 2007 Topps '52, and 2006 Fleer Tradition, so I'd stay from these. It's probably also wise to stay away from Robin Yount cards, because I most likely already have it. Unless, of course, it's from 1977 and in the shape of a circle.)
-Any serial-numbered Brewer card is worth three points on top of the 1 point for it being a card I do not already have.
-Any relic card is worth 5 extra points. Plus 1 bonus for each individual swatch/bat piece after the first one.
-Any autographed card is worth 10 extra points. Autographs must be factory-obtained to earn the points. A parking lot autograph will be treated as a regular base card.

Here I'll give you an example of how the point system will work. Let's pretend that I don't already own this card, and you send it to me as one of the twenty.
2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia #TT-84 Robin Yount Tools of the Trade (097/150)

Scoring:
+1 point for a card I didn't previously own.
+3 points for the serial number.
+5 points because it's a relic card, +1 for the second piece.
1+3+5+1=10

Remember, nothing between 1985 and 1999 will earn points.
I will begin posting trades once they are received.
Now start searching through those boxes and binders!

4 comments:

Spiff said...

Got some Brewers packaged up. Will send them out tomorrow.

tastelikedirt said...

So much math and thinking...My head hurts. I thought this was baseball cards?

--David said...

Now, you know *I* want in on this! :-) Let's see what goodies I can pull out of my... er, uh, hat...

desert plume said...

Can we send you an indiscriminate whole big bunch and then let you tally? Or does it have to be 20? We've got Brewers cards. Mm hm.
Signed, Dinged Corners