Saturday, August 16, 2008

COMPLETION


I'll give you a moment to catch your breath and pick your jaw up off the floor.






Okay. It took me more than a year, but I've finally completed the 2007 Milwaukee Brewers Bobblehead set commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the 1982 World Series team. If you've been keeping up with Trade Me Your Brewers, these men of bobble need no introduction. If you're not sure about some of the faces, here's the list form left to right.
Roll Call: Cecil Cooper (1B), Don Money (3B, DH), Ted Simmons (C), Charlie Moore (C, OF), Gorman Thomas (OF), Jim Gantner (2B), Robin Yount (SS), Paul Molitor (3B), Ben Oglivie (OF), Mike Caldwell (P), Pete Vuckovich (P), Don Sutton (P), and Harvey Kuenn (Mgr.)

These bobbleheads were obtained through promotional games throughout the 2007 season. The white-with-blue-pinstripe ones were the "common" design, accounting for approximately 90% of all giveaways. A lucky few at each game received a variant design, featuring the player wearing the road powder blue uniform. I had a lot of good luck (and a little help) throughout the season, but was still left a few blues short of a complete set. Now it is complete.

6 comments:

capewood said...

Those are great. Are they short, like about 3 inches? They look a lot like a set of bobble heads that Post cereal put out in, I think 2002, of All-Stars. Sorry, no Brewers in the bunch of them. I had gotten most of them in cereal boxes (I ate a lot a raisin bran that summer) but had to go on eBay for 2 or 3.

Thorzul said...

Actually, they're not that small, measuring about 5 inches apiece.

the fiance said...

I feel as though I should get some credit for about half of those blue bobble's up there.

Tony Brown said...

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life.

That's what came to mind when I saw those bobbleheads.

Dubbs said...

Most impressive, thorzul. I have 4 of the blue ones - Yount, Molitor, Gantner, and Money.

Kudos.

Anonymous said...

thanks to you I lost my jaw