Monday, September 1, 2008

The Hobby: Episode 1

As the world of card blogs has begun to proliferate at a staggering rate, I've found it necessary to add content that will set this blog apart from others that are out there. I've never aimed to break hobby news on this site, so that niche is out of the question. The majority of other blogs are of the "look at what I got" variety, which are fun, and in which I dabble as well, but these can become stagnant over time.
I've also reflected on the generosity I have experienced during Trade Me Your Brewers. While I haven't been able to return the favor to many of the traders in terms of relic cards and autographs, I'd like to give what I can. For this and the reasons stated above, I've decided to begin what I believe might be the web's (and possibly the world's) first baseball card comic. I may not be up to the publishing schedule of the professionals, but I think the quality of my content is on a similar scale. Fret not, all of my regular features will continue ahead. I'm just trying to give you, the readers, more.
Remember where you were on this historic occasion, the moment you first experienced...The Hobby.



Hope you liked it. Please go easy on me. I don't think I've had an actual art class since middle school.

4 comments:

Dubbs said...

Well done. Would the pack full of 'nuthin' have anything to do w/ the card's subject's management of his bullpen today? At any rate, I'll be keeping The Hobby on the radar.

Russ said...

Even if it's just a coincidence that the guy's name in the comic is the same as mine, it's pretty much just like real life. Minus my mom buying me cards anymore.

--David said...

My eyes did the same thing when I pulled my first X-Fractor! Glad to know it wasn't just me...

dinged corners said...

"Hooked." This is great!