Sunday, November 16, 2008

Trade Me Anything! II: Tangential Trade #1

The dearth of posts this weekend has been due to my attendance at the Wisconsin/Minnesota football game. I am finally unfrozen. Seeing the players celebrate with that axe takes some of the sting out of an otherwise disappointing season.

Today's trade comes from David of Tribe Cards. There were no Indians in the cupboard for him to choose from, but since he sent me a huge bunch of random cards for Halloween, I'm sending him something nice. His lists showed the absence of these cards from his collection, if I read it correctly.

Giving: 2007 Topps Heritage Chrome #THC69 (1864/1958) Victor Martinez and #THC47 Jhonny Peralta (0521/1958)

Getting: 1997 Pinnacle #28 Ben McDonald, 1992 Upper Deck #43 Teammates, 2003 Playoff Portraits #48 Richie Sexson, 2003 Upper Deck Victory #44 Richie Sexson, 2007 Allen & Ginter Sketch Card #16 Prince Fielder, 1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice #57 Ricky Bones, 1995 Topps Stadium Club #495 Turner Ward and #343 Jaime Navarro

Pluses:
*Great photography on some of the Brewers cards (although some of it is a little staged).

*This trade led me to the Wikpedia entry on Ricky Bones that has some hysterical information. "Bones was noted for his dominance of left-handed batters and his long hair. He was featured on a very limited edition "Gold Rush" baseball card, that is both rare and very expensive." Yes, his 1994 Score Gold Rush parallel certainly is sought after.

*The envelope used in this transfer of cards contains a character actor Stephen Tobolowsky packing slip. I will use this envelope in a future trade with David, a practice similar to the piece of Christmas wrapping paper my brother and I exchange each year with a picture of Luke Cage on it.

Minuses:
*Any Brewers cards from between about 1993 and 2005 are all about hurting.

2 comments:

mmosley said...

If you are a masochist and looking for more pain, you could adopt a box of mostly 80's and 90's Brewers from me. Dante Bichette and Pat Listach want to come live with you!!!

Also, my trade you anything package is finally in the mail. Enjoy.

--David said...

Sweet cards (I mean the ones you're sending, not the ones I sent, though I guess those could be sweet too... Have I sufficiently used the word sweet enough times? Sweeeeet.)!

I considered putting the envelope card in a sleeve. And then promptly considered NOT doing that. :-) i can tell that envelope will get a lot of use.