Friday, November 14, 2008

Trade Me Anything! II: Trade #10

Today's trade comes from Jason in Kentucky, whose blog states that it began as a chronicle of the process of writing a novel, but has since become a mostly card blog. This is interesting to me, as my website had similar origins. In the spring of 2007, I finished graduate school and was using my newfound free time to explore the then-infant world of blogging. At the beginning, I wasn't sure what the blog's content was going to be. I actually have written a novel, but I've yet to find a publisher for it. At that point, I wanted another outlet for my writing, and I found myself picking up a few packs here and there and trying to build a Robin Yount collection. And here we are.

As an aside, if anyone reading this is a literary agent or is a close friend or relative of one, get in contact with me and you can get credit for discovering a prize-winning writer.

Let's get on with the trade.

Giving:
2008 Topps U&H #UH18 Andy Phillips and #UH193 Jeremy Affeldt

Getting:
A bunch of 1988 and 1989 Topps Big Baseball cards, which I'm choosing to represent with the 1988 Dale Sveum, who was hired by the Brewers as hitting coach;

Two Molitors: 1988 Topps sticker #194 (with Ron Gudry on the back) and 2005 Upper Deck Past Time Pennants #62;

Two Younts: 2003 Bowman #329 Dustin Yount (his son) and 1992 Donruss Triple Play #81;

Two Coopers: 1986 Topps #385 and 2003 Choice Sports Cards #02 (as manager of the Indianapolis Indians);

Two Topps U&H cards I need: UH234 Carl Pavano and UH66 Robinson Cancel


Pluses:
*In a departure from earlier posts ripping him, both Molitor cards are really cool. He's got his flip-ups around his neck on the sticker, he's rocking some fancy Adidas, and he's keeping watch over some sort of box or trinkets. Part of me hopes the case contains a weapons arsenal similar to the one Tommy Lee Jones has Will Smith pick from in Men in Black. The rational part of me acquiesces that the contents includes mostly flanges and grommets.

*The resemblance between Glenn Braggs and the cartoon Glenn Braggs on the back of the card is uncanny.

Minuses:
*I already have the 1988 BIG Yount as well as the Triple Play. However, I do not have a 1989 Yount BIG card. What the heck? Does anybody have this card? Let me know and I'll trade you something good for it.

3 comments:

thewritersjourney said...

I don't think I have the 1989 Yount BIG, but I will double-check again. I think I sent you all the Brewers I got out of the boxes I ripped a few months ago.

shanediaz82 said...

What's the novel about?

shanediaz82 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.