Sunday, November 30, 2008

Trade Me Anything! II: Trade #15

Sorry for the extended absence from this blog, but I went out for a box of cards the other night and came back married. Imagine that.

Actually, it's been a wonderful week that's been going nonstop since Tuesday afternoon, and now I finally have the time to take a breath. Be on the lookout for typos in this post, since this is the first time I'll be blogging with a wedding ring on.

The trades keep coming on from Trade Me Anything, and now it's time to show off one of my favorites. It comes from Mark (mmosley) in North Carolina.

Getting:
Mark decided to supply me with his own background comic, so he sent me Secret Origins #41 (June, 1989). However, I didn't want to spoil the cover art, so I'll be using my own background, a contemporary of this one.

He also sent a bunch of 1988 Donruss Robin Yount and Paul Molitor cards: #295 Robin Yount (x5), #7 Paul Molitor Diamond Kings (x3), #249 Paul Molitor (x3), and #BC-3 Paul Molitor MVP. Accompanying this lot in the middle of a cleverly constructed package that uses a comic book poly bag and some penny sleeves is 1995 Topps #544 Jeff Cirillo.

Giving:
2008 Topps U&H #UH281 Chris Aguila Gold Foil Parallel

Pluses:
*Jeff Cirillo, even as a rookie, had a "pimp in his step."

*What isn't cool about the Rogues' Gallery? Flash villains are not among the most powerful or the most popular in the DC universe, but they entertain nonetheless. I was delighted with Piper's and Trickster's appearance in last year's Countdown crossover.

Minuses:
*Not to sound like a broken record, but I already have the Yount cards. I really don't want to end on a down note, so I'll show off one of the cards UK blogger Jack Plumstead (great name, by the way) sent to me recently. Unbelievably, it was a Yount card I didn't already have: 1992 Donruss/Cracker Jack Mini #8. Here's a look at it next to Robin's standard-issue 1992 Donruss card, for purposes of scale.

Don't forget, the 2008 Card-vent Calendar debuts tomorrow! Are you as excited as I am?

5 comments:

White Sox Cards said...

Congrats on getting married!

madding said...

Congrats!

I loved the Cracker Jack cards back then, but I hate them now because I always drop them.

Mad Guru said...

Congratulations to you on your marriage!

steveisjewish said...

congrats on the nuptuals - having recently tied the knot myself its a fantastic experience.

dayf said...

Congrats bud! Enjoy your wedded bliss and keep the cards out of the living room (trust me on this one)