Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trade Me Anything! II: Trade #8

For those of you who read yesterday's post and guessed that Kevin from Orioles Card O' the Day was the next trader, you're right.

Giving:
2008 Topps U&H #UH272 Guillermo Quiroz Gold Foil Parallel

Getting:
2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes #96 Prince Fielder, 1994 Tradin' Cards #35 Kevin Broztman


I can't express how touching it is that Kevin would send this to me, some guy from Milwaukee that he only knows through a hastily written blog and a few mutually beneficial trades. Let's see what else is great about this trade.

Pluses:
*The well-detailed bio information on the back of the card. Kevin pointed out the errors that make this so desirable among collectors, but its still awesome. I, too, had cards of myself similar to this one, but mine were for soccer, and they lacked any writing whatsoever on the back. "Hot Stove" chatter speculates that coach Linda might get bumped up to Double-A in an unspecified farm system. More details to follow.

*I usually don't like to point out the great things about the cards I'm letting go, but Guillermo's card blurb must be shared. The vagueness of manager Dave Trembley's quote is poignant: "I like what he brings to our team." What the heck does that mean? One of my sources deep within the Orioles organization claims Trembley was quoted out of context, and that he was referring to Quiroz's prudent decision to bring a Sega Genesis system into the clubhouse, not his mental toughness or willingness to step in whenever needed. Purported all-night sessions of Sonic Spinball seem to back this claim, although reports have surfaced regarding Nick Markakis' inability to clear the second board.

Minuses:
*I already have the Prince Fielder card, but it might one day be used in a trade as I attempt to complete the Heroes set.

3 comments:

Tony Brown said...

The Huntress is hot! What was Nightwing thinking? Oracle?! She's a cripple.

“But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You’re from two different worlds… Oh, I’ve wasted my life.”

Thorzul said...

No doubt the Huntress is hot! I have her action figure. Plus she's a substitute teacher. That's a pretty good job for superhero to have, with the flexible schedule and all.

William said...

I'd get that Brotzman card graded, that looks like a BGS 9.5+.