Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trade Me Anything! II: Trade #9

Trades with dayf are usually a two-part deal: the first half sticks to a formula while the second half veers off on a wild, thrilling tangent. He traded me anything, and for the second year in a row, he did not disappoint.

Giving:
2008 Topps U&H #UH226 Brian McCann Gold Foil Parallel

Getting:
A large group of Brewers from the Pit of Despair Years: 1994 Pinnacle #473 Jesse Orosco, 1994 Leaf #351 Graeme Lloyd, 1993 Fleer #247 Ricky Bones, 1992 Upper Deck #498 Dale Sveum, 1991 Fleer Brewers Sticker, 1989 Donruss #632 Mike Young, 1994 Leaf #250 Alex Diaz, and 1996 Pinnacle #83 Jeff Cirillo


A Packer: 1976 Topps #379 Alvin Matthews

A Buck: 2002-03 Flair #45 Ray Allen

And the pièce de résistance, an AOL free trial CD featuring former Brewer Richie Sexson, along with Griffey, Pujols, Sosa, Biggio, and what looks be (and I might be showing my Pirates ignorance here) Brian Giles(?).

Pluses:
*The backs of the Leaf cards show the barrel beer that used to be in the outfield at County Stadium.

*The amount of hair that can be seen on the Matthews card. I was never too serious about collecting football cards, and this is now my oldest one.

Minuses:
*There ain't no way I'm putting this into my computer. I made too many trips to the Mac Store last year to take any chances. Heck, there could be a one-of-a-kind interactive program called "Robin Yount's Hitting Tips for Thirty-Year-Olds Who Haven't Played Organized Baseball Since Sixth Grade and Are Subsequently Guaranteed to Make a Big League Roster" and I'd think twice about accessing it.

*I've got enough of that Mike Young card already. Check this out.

Well, dayf lived up to his awesome trading reputation once again. Godspeed!

1 comment:

dayf said...

Plastic Man! SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

I have a monster box full of those little junk grab bags. I bought it at a flea market for 7 bucks one time when I was reaaaaaaaaly bored. I've still got half the packs left to give away.