Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008 Card-vent Calendar: December 23

December 23, 2008:
2002 Topps Heritage #GG-EW Early Wynn Grandstand Glory Authentic Stadium Seat

I'm not going to do the math here, but I'd imagine that only a very small percentage of Cleveland Municipal Stadium seats made their way into Heritage cards like these. I can still remember my jaw dropping while reading the facts on the Indians page of my 1986 Topps Baseball Sticker Album. Each stadium's pertinent information was listed, and the 78,000 or so fans it could seat for baseball made my head spin.

It's pretty nice to get such a cool relic card from the Card-vent Calendar, though I'm positive there's been a lot of ass on my card. Unfortunately, I highly doubt any of it belonged to Early Wynn. Or Joey Cora.

No comments: