Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2008 Card-vent Calendar: December 3

December 3, 2008:
1986 Milwaukee Public Museum #14 Casteroides

According to the back of this card, Casteroides was an enormous beaver of the ice age. While it is interesting to picture a nine-foot-long beaver (almost as large as a black bear), I shudder to think about all of the Google hits this blog will get now that it contains the phrase "enormous beaver." As long as that type of clientele might now be lurking around, I might as well throw in a "gigantic pink taco" reference as well. Shoot, I've doomed the site for all eternity to an existence surrounded by raincoat-clad loners. I really hope a baseball card comes from tomorrow's door so I can escape this trap.

This card actually came in a package from Dr. Steve of doctored card fame. He gave me a nice lot of MPM cards from his youth after seeing last year's Megaloceros. This card in particular seems to have been cherished dearly. Pin holes in either top corner indicate prominent bulletin board placement, most likely on either side of the form letter Dr. Steve once received from President Bush I. I look forward to more Museum cards appearing on future Card-vent Calendars.

3 comments:

PunkRockPaint said...

I love it... why no bats?

Mad Guru said...

Speaking of beaver and tacos, maybe one of the forthcoming dates will have one of those Japanese cards you had up a while back.

Tony Brown said...

No mention of the beaver being a vampire hunter? Look at those wooden stakes! I think mentioning that in your blog would attract something closer to your normal readers.