Wednesday, January 21, 2009

20 Questions: Thorzul Edition

I wanted to do a post today, but I didn't feel like scanning anything or taking a picture of anything either, so we're going to take this as low-tech as possible.

Since we were on the topic of gloves, we're going to play a game of 20 Questions, the topic being a baseball glove.

The rules are simple: Ask me questions that have yes or no answers to deduce the name of the person whose facsimile signature appeared on my first real baseball glove. (I'm talking an honest-to-goodness glove here, not the cheapo SGA ones.) I'll answer yes or no in the comments section. Do not ask another question before the previous one has been answered, or this will get all effed up.

The prize going to the person who guesses the correct name?
Satisfaction.

Let's get this party started!
(Oh, and please number your question starting with, duh, 1.)

26 comments:

Grand Cards said...

Was the player active in the 1970s?

Thorzul said...

1. Yes.

dayf said...

Was the player ever an All-Star?

Thorzul said...

2. Yes.

Chris Harris said...

3. Did he ever play in the National League?

Thorzul said...

3. No.

Don said...

4. Was this player in the AL East?

Thorzul said...

4. Yes.

dayf said...

5. Did the player win an MVP award?

Thorzul said...

5. No.

Chris Harris said...

Please clarify question #4. Is it the five-team AL East as it is presently construed? Or the seven-team AL East of our youth.

Thorzul said...

6. Both

Don said...

I will clarify #4. I meant to ask the seven team AL East. It was inferred due to the answer to # 1.

dayf said...

7) Was he a pitcher?

Thorzul said...

7. Yes.

--David said...

8. Did he mainly wear red while pitching?

Thorzul said...

8. No.

Grand Cards said...

9. Was he an Oriole?

Thorzul said...

9. No.

Grand Cards said...

10. Here is my guess: Catfish Hunter

Chris Harris said...

11) Ron Guidry

Mad Guru said...

Sparky Lyle (although I really hope it's Dave Lemanczyk)

Chuck's Used Cards said...

Mel Stottlemeyer

dayf said...

Completely off topic, but did the Braves just steal the Brewers' play by play guy? Is he any good? Will you ever speak to me again?

Thorzul said...

Sorry guys, but I was out at a LOST party.

Amazingly, Grand Cards hit it on the nose with Catfish Hunter. Nice work all around!

And yes, dayf, Jim Powell is very good. His voice is perfectly suited for lazy summer nights, although it gets a bit high during home run calls.

dayf said...

Cool. I primarily listen to the games on Radio, so I've been apprehensive about the new announcing team all winter.

Sorry we swiped your guy, the braves are also trying to steal back Don Sutton (Another Brewer!) from the Nationals after we kicked him to the curb a couple of years ago.