Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wrong Laundry

Approximately one thousand years ago, dayf was handing out holiday care packages to the bums and winos who traipsed across his snowless front lawn. All you had to do was stick your hand out, ask for something, and he'd give it to you. (Now we know how it must feel to work for UPAF. Zing!)

Anyways, I wanted to challenge dayf with something more than "Gimme all your Brewers!" or "Red Sox, please." I thought it might be fun if I sent him on a hunt for cards satisfying the following criteria: guys pictured in a team uniform other than the one they were best known for playing in. These came months ago, but today you finally get to see them. This is what he sent, according to the team we all know and love them for.

Mets...

Cubs...

White Sox...

Padres...

Blue Jays (among others, though probably best known during his Toronto coming-of-age years)...

Tigers...

Indians...

Dodgers...

Pirates...

Yankees...

Red Sox (though Schilling could also fit in with Phillies)...

A surprisingly large amount of Royals (surprising since the Royals have now become MLB's forgotten team)...

Giants...

And, of course, Braves...

I'll close with my personal favorites here. We've got an early photo of Nolan Ryan, who could easily be thought of best as an Angel, an Astro, or a Ranger...

...and Yogi Berra. I did not know this before receiving this card, but Berra was a player/coach for the Mets in 1965, playing in only four games. I truly love learning new things, so thanks, dayf. I look forward to sending you on another scavenger hunt next year.

2 comments:

night owl said...

I have zero recollection of Hernandez playing for the Indians.

steve said...

Nice 'stache on Schilling
wisp of tow!