Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Economy: So Bad It's Good

Johnny Carson: I'll tell you folks, the economy sure is bad right now...

Audience: How BAD is it?!?!

Johnny Carson: The economy is so bad that I got these three cards for a total of eight dollars and nineteen cents.

Ed McMahon: Hey-ooo!!!

2008 Donruss Threads Century Stars (Game-Worn Gray) #CS-13 (047/100)

2008 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Generations (Game-Worn Stripe, w/Hardy Game-Worn Navy) #GEN-YH

2008 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Memorable Moments #171 (1/1)

It's true, people. That averages out to getting a Yount one-of-one for under four bucks.* Granted, it's one of the more chintzy 1/1's out there, but that price is just staggeringly low.

On a related note, I already have the Yount/Hardy combo card. Tradesies, anyone? (And if someone steps up with a good trade offer, I promise not to use the term "tradesies" ever again. Or will I use it more often?)

* (including shipping)

No comments: