Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bret Saberhagen Foretold the Future...

...about the Kansas City Royals sucking.

I like the Royals, I really do. I even spent a sizable part of the early 1990s under a Royals cap (mesh-backed, of course). They remind me of all of the years of futility of my Milwaukee Brewers, and I hope they can find a way to break that streak of missing the playoffs.

Thorzul's calling it: The Royals will have a winning record in 2009. The AL Central is a very tight division, and a few injuries to any of the favorites could lead to a surprise winner. This will probably not be KC, but they will show improvement. You heard it here first.

3 comments:

darkship said...

As a life -long (31 years) Royal's fan it's great to see that someone else has faith in us!! If we do pull off the winning season it will be the pitching for sure! Thanks for the shout-out

the sewingmachineguy said...

Teams like the royals and Pirates must be competitive for the good of MLB. I too hope they turn it around.

William said...

I remember in 2003 the Royals were on a fire during the first part of the summer, and ESPN the Mag predicted the Royals to win the World Series in 6 games (really!) was the cover line ((really!) included). They barely finished over .500.