Wednesday, August 5, 2009

CC: Making a List and Checking It Twice

... although I doubt he could fit down the chimney.

2009 Upper Deck Team Checklist #476

Seriously, though, I can't believe it took me this long to acquire this measly base card. However, this territory does come with a head-hurting paradox:
When looking for a certain card within a set, doesn't it make sense to start your search at the team checklist? Yet, the team player I sought WAS the team checklist. Had I known CC represented the Brewers on the checklist, I would have already possessed said checklist card, eliminating any need to have the checklist card in the first place. It's your basic chicken/egg scenario. Just ask Yossarian.

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.  The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia; and only slightly less well known is this:  Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"

No comments: