Sunday, September 13, 2009

Group Break -- 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game

It's time for another box break, folks. I've kind of soured on the el-cheapo breaks I've been holding over the past year or so, but don't worry, they will be back. I've been trying to find a unique product to open up, and I think I've found it.

Part of the problem with group breaks has to do with the crap teams that are left over after everyone makes their picks. The organization of one of these comes complete with several pitfalls, not the least of which has to do with fairness. I like to give collectors their choice, and once all of the desirable teams are taken, you usually have junk like the Diamondbacks and Nationals left over. On the other hand, if you randomize the draw, a Yankees or Dodgers fan might end up paying good money for a piddly pile of Padres or Pirates. No offense to those teams and their fans, but it's not fun to be stuck with them if they're not high on your list.

For the above reasons, I'm proposing a unique group break. The product I've chosen is 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game. (TWO BOXES) It's your typical fun legends set, with 15x5 packs and four hits per box. In addition to the regular game-used cards and autographs, the set bears down hard on the classic teams of the past, with a few subsets limited to seven teams. I'm not sure how I'm explaining this, but 2006 Fleer Greats includes special categories of autographs and memorabilia cards for the following teams: Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, and Reds. Each of these seven teams will be offered as a separate slot. All the rest of the teams, excluding the Brewers, will be offered as a single slot.

This means that there are only nine slots (eight, actually, as I'm taking the Brewers and any Milwaukee Braves) available in this break. Each team/slot will cost you $16.00, except for the "Everybody Else" slot, which will cost $32.00. If you'd like to get in on this, hurry and leave a comment and then send the correct amount to my PayPal account: bill13boehm@yahoo.com

Once you have expressed a team preference, you only have 24 hours to pay. After that time, if payment is not made, I'm opening up the team to be taken by someone else. I'd like to try to have this filled within the next couple of days (like, by Wednesday) so I can order the boxes and hopefully open them (on video, of course) by early next week.

Teams ($16 each)
Yankees -- I Am Joe Collector (paid)
Cubs -- arfmax (paid)
Dodgers -- nightowl (paid)
Red Sox -- Brian (paid)
Cardinals -- madding (paid)
Tigers -- Grand Cards (paid)
Reds -- Alex (paid)
Brewers and Milwaukee Braves -- Thorzul (paid)
Every Other Team ($32) -- David (paid)

Let's do this, people. This is going to be a lot of fun!

11 comments:

--David said...

I can always use some randomness, so I'll take EVERY OTHER TEAM for $32, alex...

night owl said...

Dodgers, please! Just sent you an email.

night owl said...

Also, I have a new email address. It's in my profile.

Brian said...

Put me down for the Cardinals...I'll send payment when I get to work tonight.

madding said...

Ahh, looks like I missed out. Good luck, everyone!

stusigpi said...

I'll take Yanks

Brian said...

I'll switch to the Red Sox if madding wants the Cardinals.

Thorzul said...

Alright, Brian, I've switched you to the Red Sox and madding agreed to take the Cardinals. Looking for three more and we're golden.

Alex said...

I am in for the reds

Grand Cards said...

I'll take the Tigers!

arfmax said...

I'll take the Cubs

arfmax