Thursday, October 8, 2009

Done-zo Part II

Much more monumental than last week's completed set, I have finally slayed the beast that is 1978 Topps. The final card I needed came in the mail today. Take a gander.

#704 Rookie 2nd Basemen (featuring Lou Whitaker, Garth Iorg, Dave Oliver, and Sam Perlozzo)

Sometimes it's a scrub that you need to finish a set, and others it's the linchpin to the set's arch. To me, the Molitor and Murphy cards might be bigger, but this is a nice ending to the journey. Will this be the earliest Topps set I'll ever complete? Time will tell.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the completion of this set. I would not have finished it without you.

2 comments:

Collective Troll said...

I am back to working on my 78 set again... I've got a few trades lately that have up to 90%. I still need the Murray and the Moli, but I keep on truckin cuz I love that set! Congrats on finishing it up!

the sewingmachineguy said...

I think there should be a spot in the Hall-of-Fame for Sweet Lou and Tram. A kind of dual induction. Most years as teammates, most double plays turned, not to mention the solid numbers they put up.