Saturday, October 24, 2009

Robin Yount, Skittles Edition: Taste the Rainbow

It's my birthday today, and here's how you can give me a present. I've recently purchased one of the last cards I need to complete the parallel set of 2005 Playoff Prestigious Pros rainbow of Robin Yount cards. In total, I have eight of these cards, which are serial numbered from as many as 900 all the way down to 25. Here's the list of what I've got:
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Blue (581/900)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Red (497/700)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Orange (460/500)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Green (090/350)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Purple (138/200)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Bronze (003/100)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Gold (48/50)
2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros #PP-19 Platinum (25/25)


The purple one came earlier this week. I'd been watching it on eBay for quite a few months, and an influx of PayPal cash made me pull the trigger. They nearly fill a nine-pocket page, shown below. These cards scan for shit, which is a shame because of all the interesting colors chosen. Actually, the colors are pretty hard to see clearly in person, so here's the list of what you're looking at, starting at the top left:
Bronze, Gold, Red,
Purple, Platinum, Orange,
Green, Blue

The gift you can give me, readers, is the gift of knowledge. I need to know how close I am to completing the rainbow. I was not collecting cards at the time these were printed, so I am unaware of many of the details of this set. I have found one Prestigious Pros Black parallel of Jim Palmer numbered to 10, but have never seen one of Yount. Are there any more I should know about?

As a footnote, today is the day I set as the deadline for the second annual Nightmares on Cardboard contest. I have made arrangements for a couple of late entries, so if you have something you'd like to turn in for full credit, just let me know and I'll grant you an extension. I'd like to start sharing the results soon, so watch those margins, folks!

2 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

I never got a chance to print the ones I sent you before, so what you got is what I'm sending in. Not total amazing, but hope it gave you a chuckle haha.

And no clue on the Younts. Sorry dude.

White Sox Cards said...

Happy birthday!

There is a silver (/75) and a black (/5) version.

There is also a material bat silver (/50), a material jersey gold (/50) and a signature black (/5), if you want to be the ultimate completist.