Friday, November 20, 2009

D-O-O-N... "Done"

Another set I've been building has been completed, 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces. I was fortunate enough to find an eBay seller getting ride of these for pennies on the dollar, and he had the remaining four I needed.
#93 Frank Robinson, #107 Lou Brock, #120 Joe Carter, and #102 Nolan Ryan

I feel pretty bad just storing the 2007 and 2008 sets in a regular old box, so I might need to stock up on 9-card pages with which to properly display these, well, Masterpieces.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made the completion of this set possible. So, not necessarily in order of importance, I'd like to thank:
*eBay case busters who sell near-complete sets for starting bids of $0.99
*Cito Gaston
*The original Broadway cast of Rent, who got me through the tough times when I thought I'd never finish
*Willem Dafoe, for unnamed considerations
*The caffeinated beverage bottling industry of southeastern Wisconsin
*Alan Smithee
*The men and women of our armed forces

In closing, I'd like to say: Rethink your decision, Upper Deck. MLB license or not, 2010 Masterpieces could be the salvo you're looking for. If we as Americans can not have a Masterpieces set to collect, then the terrorists have already won.

3 comments:

Joe S. said...

Job well done! I put together the '07 set and will probably put this set together one day, too. Right now I'm between sets, focusing mainly on obtaining as many crappy relics as possible. Topps Updates and Highlights is next!

Matt said...

Black Bear Cola, anyone?

Thorzul said...

If it's gotta be Black Bear, it's gotta be Blue Raspberry. Nothing else like it in the world.