Saturday, November 28, 2009

Trade Me Anything! III: Trade #15

Not too long after I announced the commencement of Trade Me Anything! III, I got an email from Noah in New York claiming he had "a whole mess of Brewers" for me. Since that's the language I speak, we made a deal.

Giving: 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Gold #UH202 Angel Berroa (0672/2009)

Getting: A whole mess of Brewers. Here are five out of close to 200 that I've chosen for various reasons:

2007 Allen & Ginter #290 Prince Fielder (Nice close-up, nothing flashy. I probably have ten of this card by now.)

1981 Fleer #511 Robin Yount (The Kid, before he started shaving. Got a lot of this one, too.)

1996 Pinnacle Denny's #26 Kevin Seitzer (This one was from the "Oh, I suppose we have to make one for every team, so why not this guy" phase of the Brewers 15-year post-Molitor/post-Yount rebuilding phase. Moon Over My Hammy indeed.)

2002 Topps Total #639 Curtis Leskanic (Digging deep into the roster for this one. "Scanner" was not a fan favorite by any means, but he will remain forever in our hearts.)

2003 Topps #277 Jerry Royster (The face of baseball futility in Milwaukee. Royster took over 15 games into the season and helped us achieve our first and only 100-loss season. I've never seen a team quit on a manager or coach like they did on Royster. To this day, his name has become synonymous with "two runners standing on third base.")

Pluses:
*Quantity.

*There were also a few non-Brewers in the lot, my favorites of which were the trio of 1983 Donruss Hall of Fame Heroes below, #4 Josh Gibson, #11 Satchel Paige, and #25 James Bell.

Minuses:
*No SASE. Man.

Don't worry, I'm in a good holiday mood, so your card will be in the mail as soon as I can find a stamp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Royster is looking for Mike DeJean to give him a little chin music with that fungo.