Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trade Me Anything! III: Trade #6

This next trader actually sent me something, so I'm pumped. It comes from Rhubarb_Runner.

Giving: 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights #UH166 Mike Redmond Gold (0677/2009)

Getting: 2008 Upper Deck Documentary #4848 CC Sabathia, 1994 Panini Sticker #84 Dave Nilsson, Amtrak Schedule covering routes between Vancouver, B.C. and Eugene, OR

Pluses:
*It's nice to see Nilsson in an '80s-style Brewers uniform, the ones they wore before choosing a really, really bad design and color scheme. Some of the die-hards still show up to games wearing the "crossed bats" gear, but they're getting harder and harder to find.

*My wife's and my best friends recently moved to the Seattle area, and we're due to visit them soon after their new baby is born. The train schedule could come in handy.

Minuses:
*Already got the CC Documentary card. That's one area in which my CC collection is incomplete. I still need a few of the base cards and several of the golds.

Excellent trade, and a great random anything!

Background movie, anyone? You have to give me credit for this one.

3 comments:

RWH said...

I got one, why not go for another. Movie is based off the novel Twins and is about twins, while Mike Redmond plays for the Twins.

Thorzul said...

RWH is on fire.

mmmrhubarb said...

Sorry about having to fold the Amtrak schedule; it was Near Mint before that. :P

My wife and I just visited Portland and Vancouver last month for the first time. Definitely one of the highlights was driving around Mount Rainier; after three days in Vancouver, its peaceful majesty was welcome.

Thanks for the fun - glad you liked the trade. And if you have any extra Documentary Twins lying around, I'd be happy to work out another trade!

btw, Redmond's nickname is RedDawg, so I think the Clifford Movie would have been a nice background
http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/cliffords_really_big_movie.jpg