Friday, December 4, 2009

Five... Five-Fiddy... Five-Fiddy Group Break (The Return)

It's back, folks. I can't tell you how good it feels to have accumulated enough fun stuff to finally hold a cheapo group break. I decided to go in the direction of completely unopened stuff, and I've concentrated on the period of time during which only the heartiest of collectors were still buying cards. I've heard countless stories about collectors who have gotten back into the hobby within the last three years or so, with most of those guys and gals getting out at some point in the early-to-mid-1990s. This s a foreign landscape to me, as I imagine it might be to many of you. Let's take a chance together.

I'm sure a bunch of neat inserts will be pulled, perhaps some serial-numbered cards, though I'm not too optimistic about anything more than that. Rest assured, no 1990 Fleer will sneak into the break. Nice!

Before you make up your mind as to whether or not you want to take part, check out exactly what I'll be opening.

(1) 8-pack box of 2004 Upper Deck Power Up!
(1) 21-pack box of 1999 Upper Deck MVP
(1) 10-pack box of 1998 Upper Deck Collector's Choice
(1) 11-pack box of 1999 Topps Stadium Club Series 1
(2) packs of 2007 Topps Series 2
(1) pack of each of the following:
1990 Upper Deck
1996 Score Series 1
1996 Score Series 2
1995 Pinnacle Series 2
2006 Fleer Tradition
2002 Upper Deck Piece of History
2004 Leaf Second Edition
(1) Grand Slam Tin Box (containing 3 Mark McGwire cards and 70 other cards)

If you want in on the group break, post your preferred team in the comments, and then send $5.50 through PayPal to bill13boehm@yahoo.com
(Damn those postage rate increases! And if necessary, cash-through-mail arrangements can also be made, even though they are frowned upon.)

I'll update the slots as soon as payments are made. Hopefully we can find someone for all 30 teams. Multi-team cards will be dealt with the the same upper-left fashion as last time. Sorry, no video on this one, just a logistical nightmare.

Slots:
NL Central
Brewers: Thorzul (proprietor)
Cardinals: madding (paid)
Reds:
Pirates:
Cubs: Mike (paid)
Astros:

NL East
Braves: dayf (paid)
Mets:
Phillies: Phungo (paid)
Marlins:
Nationals/Expos: Mad Guru (paid)

NL West
Rockies:
Dodgers: Night Owl (paid)
Padres: Rod (paid)
Diamondbacks:
Giants:

AL Central
Twins: Zpop (paid)
Indians: Saints of the Cheap Seats (paid)
White Sox:
Royals:
Tigers: Grand Cards (paid)

AL East
Yankees: Heartbreaking Cards (paid)
Rays:
Red Sox: packaddict (paid)
Orioles: Kevin (paid)
Blue Jays:

AL West
Mariners: SpastikMooss (paid)
A's: Motherscratcher (paid)
Rangers: Play at the Plate (paid)
Angels: RWH (paid)

17 comments:

Rod said...

I will take the Padres. Thanks

Kevin said...

Dibs on the Oryuls.

Dan said...

I'd love the Indians. Thanks.

deal said...

Team Phungo will take the Phils.

I will get to the PayPal this wkend.

Thanks

packaddict said...

May I have the Red Sox please? This sounds fun! Paypal this weekend.

dayf said...

Braves plz.

Grand Cards said...

I'm game for the Tigers--despite the fact that this era was a black hole for Detroit baseball.

Mad Guru said...

Just sent payment for the Nationals/Expos.

SpastikMooss said...

sweeet! This is gonna be great!

night owl said...

Dodgers, please. I'll send payment today or tomorrow.

Zpop said...

I got beaten to the punch on both teams I collect, but these things are too fun to pass up. So I'll take someone...I guess maybe the Twins, but if someone else wants them I'll be fine switching to another team. So Twins, unless someone else wants them.

RWH said...

Angels please.

Thorzul said...

Which one of you is Patrick Dwiggins? I got your payment, but I can't remember which handle/persona is attached to it.

For the rest of you, please include any information that will help me identify you with a note on your payment. When it comes time to ship, it will be a lot easier and faster if I don't have to track you down. Thanks!

madding said...

I'm in for the Cardinals. I don't know how I missed this initially.

Motherscratcher said...

I'll take the A's, I guess. If anyone else out there wants them I'd be willing to move.

Mike said...

I'll take the Cubs

Matt F. said...

I'll take the Yanks. Sending payment now.