Saturday, December 5, 2009

It Came!

At the beginning of this week, I sent out a distress call to the readers of this blog urging them to help me on a card quest. Awesome reader SpastikMooss pointed me in the right direction of one of the cards. Today it arrived.

2001-02 Topps #247 Tony Parker

As it turned out, I was just slightly off in my eBay search terms. Instead of "2001-02," the card was listed as "01-02." Ususally that site's search algorithms account for the deletion of the first two digits of a year, but I guess is couldn't understand when it happens for two years. Good thing to keep in mind. I was fortunate enough to pick it up for a buck-and-a-half plus shipping. As a redemption card of an almost-decade-old product, and one that probably went very unredeemed at that, I feel very fortunate to have acquired it.

Keeping up my end of the bargain, I contacted this good samaritan and inquired how he would like to access his finder's fee. We came up with an agreement. Instead of the $5.00 straight cash homey, SpastikMooss took me up on the offer of a free spot in the Five Fiddy Group Break.

Speaking of which, please make your payments if you haven't already. Those who have paid are surely eagerly awaiting to see what they will get, so don't keep them waiting. Let's aim for Monday as the deadline. Great teams spots are still available, so look for your favorite and claim it.

2 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

Spastikmooss is a good man, and thorough.

SpastikMooss said...

Huh? No, she, she hit me right here.

But seriously, it's an honor to be referred to as a good man by el duderino himself. Keep on takin' it easy there for us sinners.

And glad you're lovin' the Parker-ness Thorzul!