Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Group Break...

...is not ready yet. Sorry for the tease. A new one is coming soon, though.

But I would like to let you know that all of the AL teams from the last group break got mailed out today. Thanks for your patience, I just had zero desire to hit the post office the week before Christmas, and I also just got back from Minnesota last night.

I gotta tell you, watching the Monday Night game between the Vikings and Bears with a bunch of Minnesota "fans" was such a fun experience. I just sat there quietly as everyone else got themselves whipped into a frenzy. With so many positive Vikings moments in the later stages of the game, I was just biding my time until the inevitable mistake derailed any and all comeback plans. After the Bears' OT touchdown, I was actually told by an in-law, "I love you, but I hate you right now."

On a related note, I had to listen to the first quarter or so on the car radio, as we were coming back from dinner during the start of the game. There was this really weird commercial for something available for purchase called "Vikings season tickets." The man who was talking was basically pleading for people to buy this commodity, and was throwing in a bunch of extra things to sweeten the deal. In Wisconsin, we have never heard of such a practice. Fill me in here, readers: Do other teams around the league need to advertise season ticket packages? I was thoroughly confused as to why such a practice would ever be necessary in any circumstance. With a Twin Cities metro population of approximately 2.87 million people, you would think the club could manage to sell season tickets by word-of-mouth alone. I think I know why the Vikings have never and will never win a Super Bowl: The "fans" just don't love their team hard enough. For shame.

3 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

There ain't no waiting list for Ford field either.

dayf said...

In Atlanta, whenever someone is overheard mentioning in public that they might maybe possibly want to catch a Falcons game at some point in the future, Arthur Blank dispatches a crack team of mercenaries to kidnap the poor soul, dangle him naked covered in barbeque sauce over the shark tank at the Georgia Aquarium and threaten to dunk him unless they sign up for Falcon season tickets.

The sharks at the Georgia Aquarium are the fattest in captivity.

Thorzul said...

Interesting story, dayf.

In Wisconsin, parents immediately sign up their newborns for Packers season tickets, hoping that they might get to the top of the list before they reach retirement age.