Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cheapo Doubler Break: Cubs, Twins

Today, we're going to stick to the Midwest for the group break.

Teams: Cubs, Twins
Buyer: gritz76
Favorite Cards: 1999 Upper Deck MVP #121 David Ortiz Silver Signature, 1998 Topps Stadium Club #94 Todd Walker First Day Issue (080/200), Circa '97 #23 Ryne Sandberg

Thoughts: The Walker was the one First Day Issue that came out of the box. I'd imagine that this was a great pull back in '98. Judging from eBay figures, these cards have held their value well, with stars commanding prices upwards of twenty dollars, and scrubs even going for a few bucks. Young David Ortiz looks ready to grab the world by the tail.
As for the Cubs, the Sandberg was a no-brainer. I chose to show the back of the card for the image of the classic infield pop-up call by the second bagger.

As promised, since the Cubs were all base, I'm throwing in this card:
2008 Upper Deck A Piece of History Cut From the Same Cloth #CSC-RL Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez (774/799)

Now no one can say I never went out of my way for a Cubs fan. Who knows, you might even find me carving the Roast Beast.

1 comment:

gritz76 said...

Works for me! Thanks.