Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cheapo Doubler Break: Dodgers, Mets

East Coast/West Coast stuff going down here. Caught up in the rap battle. Thug Life.

Teams: Dodgers, Mets
Buyer: night owl
Favorite Cards: 1996 Score #170 Billy Ashley, 1995 Pinnacle #274 Ramon Martinez Museum Collection Parallel, 1999 Upper Deck MVP Super Tools #17 Mike Piazza, 1999 Upper Deck MVP Swing Time #S11 Mike Piazza


Thoughts: I hope night owl doesn't have the Ramon. I don't think it was in the huge lot I sent him a while back. And Billy Ashley is caught in the throes of mid-grade dementia, fending off several imaginary zealous fans. Piazza was clearly no stranger to inserts in the 1990s. I still wonder how the name "Super Tools" ever got approved.

1 comment:

night owl said...

If they chose the right players, "Super Tools" could be the greatest insert set of all time.

Shockingly, I don't have that Ramon. But the Billy Ashley cards are starting to get on my nerves.