Friday, January 22, 2010

Rebus Solved!: A Tip of the Cap to...

...Mad Guru!

Here it is in its entirety:

Yo Mama...

Yo Daddy...

Yo bald-headed Granny...

She 99...

She think she's fine...

She going out with Frankenstein.


In case anybody's wondering, this comes from the timeless children's insult rhyme, used in a hand-clap game, or, possibly, while jumping rope. It popped into my head when I was looking at a different Granny Hamner card. I doubt I have to explain the link between any of the words and pictures to most of you, but I do want to clarify that the Natalie Portman card is not currently mine, and if I did own it, (I'm looking in your direction, dayf (and others)), I would have given you all the highest resolution scan possible. Also, the Portman card is just supposed to stand for "fine," not "She think she's fine." The word applies to her unequivocally. Without any further explanation, she's my World's #1/#1, much like a LeBron James, or, to a lesser extent, Kwame Brown. And yes, that is a Kevin Mmahat (pronounced Momma-hat, according to the good people over at 1990 Score) card, the only one that actually belongs to me.

I was impressed that Mad Guru got it right within the first 24 hours, and I doubt that I'd have done very well had I not created this rebus. I'd like to hear his thought process regarding how he solved this difficult puzzle. I was also intrigued by the "Yankees v. Phillies" response that some of you gave. I would not have thought to approach the rebus from that angle, but ultimately it got those guessers only so far. If you want to keep trying to solve them, I can keep making them. Let me know if you would like this to become a regular feature.

4 comments:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

After the Big Daddy V card I'll NEVER see 1980 Topps the same again.

dayf said...

Posting Natalie Portman cards a regular feature? Yes, please.

Mad Guru said...

The thought process was two steps. The first portion is here, the second is here.

I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind some more stimulation. More rebus puzzles would also be nice in addition to cards of Natalie Portman.

William said...

I bet there's a hit in Portman's box. OH!