Friday, January 1, 2010

Top Five Pulls of 2009: #5

Yet another annual tradition has entered its third year here at Thorzul Will Rule, a recounting of the best cards I got out of packs during the previous year. Most, if not all, of these cards have been withheld from the general viewing public since the time of their arrival in my possession. Let's get started, shall we?

General Viewing Public: Harumph, harumph, harumph...

Thorzul: I didn't get a hurumph out of that guy.

Sycophant: Give Thorzul a harumph!

Toady: Harumph!

Thorzul: You watch your ass!


Card: 2009 Topps Chrome #75 Ryan Braun Red Refractor (12/25)

From: Box Break held by I Am Joe Collector

Why I Love This Card: Well, a card like this would be much higher on the list if I had gotten the in-person thrill of opening it myself. I guess that's what you have to expect when entering box breaks like these. Pulls like these are what keep me in his breaks. Just when I feel like it's time to get out... (insert your own Godfather III quote here). Holding a Brewers slot is tough on the constitution when it comes to group breaks. Months can go by where you get almost absolutely nothing. (And don't infer that I think I'm alone on this, there are about half the teams out there that get nothing just about as often.) Not that I'm complaining or anything. The hardest moments are when a Milwaukee Brave is pulled. It just feels like those cards should naturally go along with the Brewers, but they don't. Cards follow the franchise, not the city.

Just you all wait until some Seattle Pilots start tumbling out of those boxes of Prime Cuts. Who needs Shoeless Joe and Warren Spahn when you're pulling Tommy Harper relics? (Actually, Harper would be pretty sweet. He's still the Brewers' only 30-30 man.)

Jerry McNertney, bitches!




Previous years' fallout:
2008
2007

No comments: