Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010 Topps Experiment: Update #2

Once again, I'd like to take a moment to thank the people who have sent me more cards as a part of my quest to complete the 2010 Topps base set solely through donations.
Over the past week or so, I've received cards from the following readers:
Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid
Howard from Georgia
Play at the Plate
Greg from Michigan

(If I have misidentified anyone, or if you would like credit as a different identity, let me know.)

At this point, I am well on my way to finishing the first series. If you have just two cards, or two hundred, send them in. Every little bit helps Just contact me so arrangements can be made.

Oh, and I've found the early front-runner for my favorite card of the year.
2010 Topps #1 Prince Fielder

Now I'll be the first to admit, in the words of Neil Patrick Harris playing Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, "It was a dick move." However, it has been a long time since any Brewer has been in a position to make a dick move and attract any attention whatsoever for doing so. It's great to see Topps get one right here by capturing an iconic moment of a comparatively lackluster Brewers season.

And finally, I'd like to point out that I was the winner in a contest held by Play at the Plate. There are still eight unopened packs that will hopefully contribute to the overall success of this experiment. Soon I will have a 2010 want list posted. Together, we can make this happen!

5 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

I will be more than happy to contribute once I, you know, open my first pack of cards. Pretty damn lazy this year so far.

Until then I'd be willing to accept some credit under any identity you deemed appropriate.

Play at the Plate said...

My wantlist is going up later today. I need 68,111,144,208,234,268,270,282,301, and 324 for base cards. Let me know what else you need...I've still got a healthy stack of duplicates.

Anonymous said...

If the Fieldr card is your fav.

Does that mean you don't have the one with braun and Fielder shadow Boxing at the home run derby?

sruchris said...

Thorzul-

Which cards do you still need?

Cardsplitter said...

I have a big stack for you too. Are you going after inserts next?