Friday, February 19, 2010

CC: Pt

All of you chemistry buffs out there should get the title of this post.

The part of my foolhardy, yet epic "Collect Every CC Sabathia-as-a-Brewer Card" quest that I love the most is the insight all of the searching gives me into the modern cardscape. Entire subsets of cards would have escaped my knowledge had I not embarked on this journey. Some searching a couple of weeks ago found me this:
2008 Topps Satdium Club Platinum Photographer's Proof #10 (1/1)

I hate how cards scan sometimes, and this is one of those instances. The scan makes it impossible to tell this card from the blue (which doesn't show up, either) Photographer's Proof I snagged last summer. This one-of-one has a silver color to the "filmstrip" on the front, but I guess you'll have to use your imaginations to see it.

Ahhh, the saving grace that lets you know I'm not foolin' is that little 1/1 stamp on the back.

By my count, that makes it six 1/1's in my CC Brewer collection. I think it's safe to say now that I'm the world's foremost collector in this microcosm of the hobby.

2 comments:

dayf said...

Great Googely Moogely, you're really serious about this CC thing aren't you?

Protip: if you can place something like a couple of coins under the bottom edge of the card when you scan, the angle will allow you to see the foil a lot better. You'll have coins at the bottom of the scan, but hey, foil.

Roy said...

Or surround it with a rectangle of other cards packed tightly, and rest in on those cards slightly above the plane.