Friday, March 12, 2010

Cheapo (Yet High Quality) Group Break!

If you haven't noticed, over at I Am Joe Collector the monthly box breaks have been cancelled for March (and postponed until May). These have been something I have looked forward to each month, and I can feel the temporary hole they have left in the card/time continuum. As a remedy, I've decided to hold another cheap box break as a stop-gap measure.

The Product: 2 boxes of 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes (24 packs each)
The Cost: $5.75 per team, $11.00 for two teams
The Specs: 3 jerseys and 1 autograph per box on average, one hit or semi-hit per pack
The Haul: Base cards will not be sent, unless you want to work out some sort of deal. I am expecting 36 hits or semi-hits in total, plus approximately 12 Yankee Stadium Legacy cards. Each participant will receive only the hits from their team(s). YSL cards will be counted as a team separate from the Yankees proper. Any multi-player cards will be randomed off. All packs will be opened on video.

If you wish to participate, leave a comment indicating team(s) choice. As soon as possible, make a PayPal payment to the following address: bill13boehm@yahoo.com

Please spread the word, as I'd like to get this filled as soon as possible. Ideally, by Sunday morning, so I can get the order in sometime on Sunday. Pick as many teams as you want.

Teams:
Orioles - Swag (+base)
Red Sox - burnsee2 (paid, +base)
Yankees - IkesCards (paid)
Rays - BA Benny (paid, +base)
Blue Jays - The Wax Wombat (paid)
Yankee Stadium Legacy - Sooz (paid)

White Sox - arfmax (paid, +base)
Indians - dfwbuck2 (paid, +base)
Tigers - RoofGod (paid, +base)
Royals - darkship (paid)
Twins - Chris Mays (paid, +base)

Angels - RWH (paid, +base)
A's - Jonathan (paid, +base)
Mariners - packaddict (paid, +base)
Rangers - The Wax Wombat (paid)

Braves - Chris Mays (paid, +base)
Marlins - Dan Lowe
Mets - TheBrooklynMet (paid, +base)
Phillies - burnsee2 (paid, +base)
Nationals - Zpop (paid, +base)

Cubs - darkship (paid)
Reds - Bud (paid)
Astros - capewood (paid, +base)
Brewers - Thorzul
Pirates - Collective Troll (paid, +base)
Cardinals - IkesCards (paid, +base)

Diamondbacks - Robert (paid, +base)
Rockies - Robert (paid, +base)
Dodgers - Bud (paid)
Padres - Sooz (paid)
Giants - Swag (+base)

34 comments:

TheBrooklynMet said...

Hey, I would be interested in the Mets stuff, but before I commit how much more would getting the base stuff too be?

Thorzul said...

Add another buck per team if you want the base.

RoofGod said...

I'm in for the Tigers. Will send an extra dollar for the base cards also. Thanks.

TheBrooklynMet said...

Hey, that sounds good. I will take the Mets including base. I already did the paypal thing. Thanks for hosting this!

the sewingmachineguy said...

Damn you RoofGod! Beat to the punch again. LOL!

dfwbuck2 said...

i'd like the indians...paypalling now

dfwbuck2 said...

and i'd like the base

IkesCards said...

We're in for the Cardinals and Yankees. Sending Paypal now.

Swag said...

Dang took my Yankees.
Guess sign me up for Giants and Orioles if I can send via mail.. I'll send $15 bucks for it all.

PS: Verification word: Shaflack

burnsee2 said...

Hey, I'll take the Red Sox and Phillies along with the base. I'm sending payment now.

Bud (First Day Issue) said...

I don't want to seem like "that guy", but were my cards for the last cheapo break mailed out yet?

And because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll take the Dodgers and Reds this time. Sending paypal shortly.

Thorzul said...

@Bud:

I still have your cards from the last cheapo break. Your PayPal payment had no mailing address attached to it, so I sent a few emails to the address that your payment came from.

I just checked, and your payment for this break has no address either. Please get that to me so I can send you your cards.

Thorzul said...

@Swag:

Sure, you can send payment that way.

To:
Bill Boehm
1916 N. 52nd St.
Milwaukee, WI 53208

Chris Mays said...

Thorzul, I just sent payment for the braves and the Rays. Thanks!

RWH said...

Sending payment for the Angels +base.

Sooz said...

I'll take the Padres and the Yankee Stadium Legacy cards, but no base of the Padres.

I'm sending payment shortly.

Thanks,Sooz.

Thorzul said...

@Chris Mays:
Can I interest you in another team than the Rays? The Braves are yours, but another guy actually wanted the Rays and posted his preference a few minutes before you did.
Also, if you want base cards, they are $1 extra per team.
If you don't want another team, I'll just send the difference back in cash when the cards are shipped.

darkship said...

Hey Thorzul I'll jump in for the Royals and the Cubs

capewood said...

I'm in for the Astros plus base. Payment soon.

packaddict said...

mariners plus base please! paypal soon. (word verification: yejus)

burnsee2 said...

hey man, I just wanted to double check to see if I got the Red Sox too. You've marked me down for the Phillies and under the Red Sox you just put Red Sox again, so does that mean that somebody beat me to them?

Thorzul said...

@burnsee2:
Whoops, our mistake. I'll change it quick. You are indeed down for the Red Sox. Damn interns.

arfmax said...

I'll take the Chicago White Sox, plus base.

-arfmax

Jonathan said...

I'll take the Athletics plus the base, thanks. Paypalling (is that even a verb?) $6.75 on its way.

Jonathan

Chris Mays said...

Thorzul,

I'll tak the Twins if they are still open. Should I send two more bucks for the base cards??

Thanks!

Chris

Thorzul said...

Chris Mays, the Twins are yours now. Go ahead and send the two dollars for the Braves and Twins base.

Chris Mays said...

The money has been sent. Thanks for running this break.

Dan Lowe said...

I see the Marlins are still open. I'd love to get them.

The Wax Wombat said...

I'll sneak in with the Blue Jays and Rangers, if possible?

Thorzul said...

They're yours, Wombat. Want the base or just the hits?

The Wax Wombat said...

Just the hits.

Robert said...

I'll take Rockies and Diamondbacks... PayPal-ing in a minute.

Zpop said...

I'll finish things off by taking the Nats (with base cards please).
Thanks

packaddict said...

PayPal sent. Mine's the one from danielchairet@gmail.com