Friday, April 9, 2010

CC: From Worst to First

Here are my two most recent Sabathia-as-a-Brewer acquisitions. The gulf between the two is simply staggering. let's begin with what is probably his worst Brewers card

2009 Upper Deck First Edition #166

There's just nothing going on there, really. First Edition is a product even I won't touch, and I once bought a pack of Hamtaro. My one bit of solace is the lingering possibility that I just might own a large portion of that exact "Milwaukee" patch on Sabathia's left sleeve. What do you think, folks?

You've just been served a shit sandwich, but for dessert you're getting a deluxe hot fudge sundae, and when you finish the last spoonful, you discover a diamond ring in your bowl.

2009 Topps Sterling Seasons Booklet Card 8x Jersey AUTO #SSA-34 (1/1)

And the back... er... cover.

This is a great card, but I now need some information on how to store and display it properly. It came shipped in two extra-thick top loaders (one for each half), not a bad short-term solution, but it won't cut it for the long haul. Does Ultra Pro sell holders for exactly this type of card? Any ideas?

6 comments:

Matt F. said...

Of course an auto and 8-piece relic are better than a 1st Edition card but the 1st edition design and photo kicks the Sterling's ass.

longlivethewho13 said...

The sticker auto works really well with the card.

Chris Harris said...

I have one "book" card in my collection, and it's stored in a 25-card swing-case. Of course, you can only see the cover and not the relics.

night owl said...

OK, I know I'm a freak, but I seriously would take the First Edition card over that book thing.

Seriously.

No, seriously.

Absolutely.

I'm sorry.

John said...

You can buy a custom holder on eBay specifically for this type of card but unfortunately it is on the expensive side: http://cgi.ebay.com/Triple-Threads-Booklet-Case-Foldout-Exquisite-Custom_W0QQitemZ110464509498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b832a63a

Peterson said...

I am on this CG(Complete Game) Sabathia quest as well. Did you see the one Big D made for me? sick as could be.
share what you have with me when you get a minute?
(i am pretty sure you knew, but I am brewers fan aswell.)
I do not have either of these, but just got my hands on a few thanks to trades. Have you attempted a checklist?