Monday, April 5, 2010

Completion! -- 2007 Topps '52 Rookies

2007 Topps '52 Rookies #TCRC60 Jacoby Ellsbury (0744/1952)

That was the last card I needed to complete this set. This time, completion involved the following subsets:
*The entire base set of 221 cards, minus cards #189, 198, 199, and 200, which do not exist
*The 10-card action picture variations short prints set
*The 15-card Dynamic Duos insert set
*The 15-card Debut Flashbacks insert set
*The 95-card Chrome parallel set (all #/1952)
*The 15-card Chrome Debut Flashbacks parallel set (all #/1952)

I have gotten rid of most of the Chrome refractors I got while building this set, but held on to the Mickey Mantle nighttime snow parallel, as well as a few of the autographs, including a red hand-numbered auto. All in all, a fun set to collect, but it's probably a good decision by Topps not to put trot this one out anymore.

1 comment:

The Wax Wombat said...

Excellent completion of a cool set. I loved the autos from that set, really well done. Probably my favs in my on-card collection.