Saturday, April 10, 2010

Totally Awesome $40 Card Lot: Part 3 -- Late '70s Vintage

After sorting my way through this lot, I separated a nice little stack of vintage cards (defined by me as anything 1980 or earlier). Here is the latter portion of that stack.

Some 1980 Topps. As you will soon see, these were exclusively Braves and Dodgers. Anything seen here is being kept by me. There were some doubles that will go out in trades. (And yes, Night Owl, I saw your comment and you will be receiving a pile of Dodgers soon.)

A couple of 1979 Braves. Father and son? The hairstyles hint that a DNA test on Maury Povich might be in order, but everything else tells suggests otherwise.

Stepping back in time a little further, we've got a few more 1976 Topps cards. Apparently, the photographer set up shop in the outfield and felt compelled to use as little imagination as possible.

And doesn't Ralph Garr look like he would have some interesting stories to tell? I looked him up and found that in 1974 he had 149 hits by the time the All-Star Game was played, a record that still has not been broken. Granted, by today's standards, the All-Star Game was late (July 23), but that's still impressive.

More vintage (older than these) are on the way, but that's a story for another day.

5 comments:

338A said...

I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job. Ibcbet Online

Anonymous said...

I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job. Sleeping Pills Online

Anonymous said...

I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job .Fire Rated Door Frame

Anonymous said...

Normally, I do not make comments on website, but I have to mention that this post really pushed me to do so. Really great post .Social Media Links

sadia sulaman said...

This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.Glass Curtains Marbella